Cool New Posts

14 Oct 2011

Roti Pizza

Roti Pizza in the making
The other day, as I was making a roti sandwich, the phone rang. I had just finished step 4. I  left the kitchen for a few minutes. When I returned, this is what I saw on the pan.

It was too late to stick the second roti on top. There goes my roti sandwich, I thought.

Omitting steps 5 to 9, I decided to experiment a bit:

I grated some Mozzarella cheese on to it and sprinkled some dried herbs (oregano and basil). Then I covered the pan and left it to cook for about 2  minutes till the cheese melted.

Voila, inadvertently I had invented the Roti Pizza -  a new recipe!

I am glad to share this recipe with you. Follow the same method as for the Roti Sandwich. After step 4, do what I have described in maroon above.

Be creative and vary the toppings. I've tried the usual pizza favourites - mushrooms, capsicums, olives, pepperoni and even left-over tandoori chicken bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search Me